Within the past 15 years he has consulted both SME’s and large global corporations, and has extensive international experience through, for instance, having lived and worked in Germany, Hungary, the UK and USA for several years in each. In terms of research he currently runs a research program on the impact of craft breweries on community building; is part of a research-consultancy group studying Minimalist Organizational Design (MODe); and is writing two leadership books, one on plural/collective forms of leadership, and another one on how organizing emerges in leaderless social movements.
While conflict and crisis are typically viewed negatively, Perttu is fascinated by the power these lend to initiating change.
- Salovaara, P. (2018). Accounting for the messiness of the research process: the fieldpath approach. Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management: An International Journal, https:// org/10.1108/QROM-06-2017-1536
- Ropo, A. & Salovaara, P. (2018). Spacing leadership as an embodied and performative process. Leadership, online first: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1742715018768707
- Wood M, Salovaara, P., & Marti, L. (2018). Manifesto for filmmaking as organisational research. Organization, online: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1350508417749886
- Salovaara, P. & Bathurst, R. (2018). Power-with leadership practices: An unfinished business. Leadership, 14(2), 179-202.
- Jakonen, M., Kivinen, N., Salovaara, P. & Hirkman, P. (2017) Towards an Economy of Encounters? A critical study of affectual assemblages in coworking. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 33(4), 235-242. https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1W0cQ3PVEf1O7C