The ‘Steering’ course is about understanding and leading the processes you are connected with. For example: the process with the client, the process of a team project, the process of spending time, the process of the in- and outcome stream of money.
You will become familiar with a very helpful method to analyse work processes and the concept of a cyclic development program. How to create an infrastructure for development in a organization in which all people are involved. Steering means: you are in the lead of developing people and organizations.
- You have to invest 140 hours in this module in a period of maximum 20 weeks.
- You are going to study some literature – in total about 250 pages.
- You do research activities in an organizational environment (50 hours).
- You are in contact with an IMO consultant – four meeting sessions.
- You will document and publish the results of your learning (30 hours).
See Guideline for writing a publication
The design of this course consist of the steps below for a learning process:
- Intake with your IMO contact partner and coach about your learning question. This question is leading for the design of your course.
- Tailor made design of your learning process. You make appointments for the period of this course. Together with your IMO coach this course will become an answer for your needs.
- Reading literature regarding the theme of your course. There is a lot to read and you can choose what fits the best for you. Your IMO coach has good tips.
- Personal and organizational research. Based on your study of the literature you are going to do some inquiries with people about your theme.
- Documentation of the research activities. During the whole learning process you make notes as a preparation for an IMO publication on the Academy website to share your knowledge with others.
- Reflective dialogues – feedback. On a regular basis you will have feedback and evaluation sessions with your IMO coach to reflect about the progress of your learning quest.
- Publication on the IMO Academy website. Make a document of your findings to feed the community of people who want to develop horizontal leadership.
The price of this program is € 850,- (VAT included). After consultation with your IMO contact partner about this module you will receive an invoice to pay.