All human beings in the world are confronted with issues that vary from very personal till concerning all of us worldwide and these issues vary in nature from our personal health till worldwide economic recessions and financial crisis. It is not so easy to understand where these issues come from and how to handle them. Who is responsible for dealing with an issue: me myself, the leaders of political and economic institutions, local or regional authorities? I asked myself the question: What are the parameters for the world leadership steering towards a dignified human existence? Here you find some of the reflections I made while living with this question for some time.
We look at the basic facilities that make a decent human life possible.
- A roof over your head and food to eat.
- Work that contributes to others and provides an income.
- Continuous education in dealing with difficult issues.
- Recognition and acceptance of the personality that we are.
This means that we in society must fight against
And that we must fight for
- Continuing education
- Personality formation.
This would mean the following:
- Every person has a basic income to fight poverty and to live on it.
- Every person has a job and contributes to the wellbeing of other people.
- Every person can participate annually in training activities.
- Every person has a name and a personal identity.
We will have to assign what has to be arranged by steering leadership:
- All over the world.
- World-regionally related: Europe, Arab Countries, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Oceania.
- In the national context of the 220 states individually.
- In the regional, local context.
- In the context of family and friendships.
- In individual life.
All over the world context: preventing war, combating poverty, preserving nature.
In the world regional context: good infrastructures, political cooperation and social institutions
In the national context: sport and culture, employment, health and disease, education
In the regional, local context: living together, dealing with differences, mental and physical support, community development
In the family context: attention and trust, prevention of abuse, strengthening morality, caring for each other.
In individual life context: the biographical development towards an individual personality in relation to the aforementioned contexts.
Each human being must be connected to the three frequencies that pass through all contexts:
- Being part of the socio-economic-financial existence
- Being part of justice - equality existence
- Being part of a philosophical – soul-like - spiritual existence.
The most important axis is that of the relationship between I and community. We are a personality that is part of multiple communities.
These are natural communities such as family and people and faith.
These are organized communities such as the organization, the institutes and the state.
These are personal communities such as friendships, spiritual companions, initiative companions.
The challenge for every person and every community is:
- Dealing with differences
- Entering into confrontation and feedback
- Opening the soul in dialogue with the other.
- To appeal to the “I” of the other person.
- Learning from the experiences
- Changing what no longer works and makes sense.
What we should avoid is:
- General solutions for specific questions.
- Compelling measures where people can take fate into their own hands.·
- Abuse of power and manipulation.· Crime and violence.
- Domination and submission.
What is needed for this is to create good processes in which people can take steps in dialogue with each other and appealing to the personality of everyone.
This requires personal leadership from everyone and this requires a leadership dialogue between everyone.
This asks: freedom in how I look and think, respect for all other creatures while preserving nature and life, doing the right thing that answers to what others need.
All institutional bodies such as state, church and business should reflect on the essential elements of their existence and transform from a controlling and regulating organ to a facilitating and enabling organ. This requires a rethinking of both the directors of these institutional bodies and a rethinking of those who use them or who are part of them.
All the shocks that are caused on all levels by the old, existing systems can be used to bring this change of vision and action closer step by step.